Ooty, also known as Udhagamandalam, is a popular hill station located in the Nilgiri Hills of the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is situated at an altitude of 2,240 meters above sea level and is known for its picturesque landscapes, lush green tea plantations, and pleasant weather.
Some of the popular tourist attractions in Ooty include the Ooty Lake, Botanical Garden, Doddabetta Peak, Rose Garden, and Pykara Waterfall. The Nilgiri Mountain Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is also a major attraction and offers a scenic train ride through the hills.
Ooty offers a range of adventure activities, including trekking, camping, mountain biking, and horse riding. The nearby Mudumalai National Park is also a popular destination for wildlife safaris.
Ooty को प्रकृति की सर्वोत्तम विशेषताओं से नवाजा गया है, जिसमें लहरदार पहाड़ियाँ, बोल्ड घाटियाँ, और हरियाली के आश्चर्यजनक फैलाव शामिल हैं। नीलगिरी के बीच स्थित, इस प्राचीन शहर को ऊटकमुंड या उधगमंडलम के नाम से भी जाना जाता है। यह भारत का एक लोकप्रिय हिल स्टेशन और एक प्रमुख हॉलिडे डेस्टिनेशन है। कई पर्यटक Bangalore to Ooty आते हैं, और बैंगलोर व्हील्स की एक निजी कैब के साथ, आप इस हिल स्टेशन को बेहतरीन तरीके से देख सकते हैं।
एमराल्ड लेक, ऊटी लेक, थ्रेड गार्डन और रोज गार्डन ऊटी के प्रमुख दर्शनीय स्थल हैं। ऊटी की असली सुंदरता का आनंद लेने के लिए मुख्य सहूलियत बिंदु टाइगर हिल, डोड्डाबेट्टा पीक, डॉल्फिन की नाक और लैम्ब्स रॉक हैं। आप प्रकृति के सर्वोत्तम अनुभव के लिए इन स्थानों पर ट्रेकिंग, नेचर वॉक और कैंपिंग का आनंद ले सकते हैं।
Why travel from Bangalore to Ooty?
Ooty is known for its stunning natural beauty, with lush green valleys, tea plantations, and picturesque landscapes. It is a perfect destination for nature lovers who want to escape the city’s hustle and bustle.
Ooty has a pleasant climate throughout the year, with temperatures ranging between 15-20 degrees Celsius. It is an ideal place to visit to beat the scorching heat of Bangalore. Ooty is easily accessible from Bangalore by road, and the journey takes around 6-7 hours. There are also frequent bus services and trains available between Bangalore and Ooty.
How to Reach Bangalore to Ooty distance: Quick Facts
Bangalore to Ooty Distance by road is 265 km . Bangalore to Ooty और इसके विपरीत पहुंचने के लिए निजी और सार्वजनिक परिवहन के कई साधन उपलब्ध हैं। यह दूरी कम होने के कारण, Ooty to Bangalore की यात्रा का सबसे पसंदीदा तरीका सड़क मार्ग है – या तो Car से या Bus से।
Quick facts about Delhi to Agra
|Road Distance from Bangalore to Ooty||265 kms|
|Aerial Distance from Bangalore to Ooty||200 kms|
|Travel Time for Bangalore to Ooty by Road||hours|
|Travel Time for Bangalore to Ooty by Train||5 hours and 22 minutes|
|Travel Time for Bangalore to Ooty by Flight||3 hours|
|Best Time to visit||March – June|
Best Time To Visit Bangalore to Ooty
The best time to visit Bangalore to Ooty is during the summer season (March to June) and the winter season (September to November). During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the temperature is comfortable for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
Summer Season (March to June): This is the peak tourist season in Ooty when the weather is mild, and the temperature ranges from 15 to 20 degrees Celsius. This is a great time to visit for those who want to escape the scorching heat of Bangalore and enjoy the pleasant weather of Ooty.
Winter Season (September to November): This is another great time to visit Ooty when the weather is cool and pleasant. The temperature during this time ranges from 10 to 15 degrees Celsius, making it perfect for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Monsoon Season (July to August): The monsoon season in Ooty starts from July and lasts till August. While the hills turn lush green and the waterfalls are at their best, the heavy rainfall can make it difficult to engage in outdoor activities.
Traveling from Bangalore to Ooty by car
Traveling from Bangalore to Ooty by car is a popular option for those who want to enjoy the scenic route and take their time to explore the different attractions on the way. Here’s how to reach Ooty from Bangalore by car
The best route from Bangalore to Ooty is via the Mysore-Ooty road, which is about 270 km long. The route takes you through Mysore, Gundlupet, Bandipur National Park, and Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary before reaching Ooty.
The journey from Bangalore to Ooty by car takes around 6-7 hours, depending on the traffic and road conditions.
There are several places to stop on the way from Bangalore to Ooty, including Mysore Palace, Chamundi Hills, Bandipur National Park, and Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary. These places offer stunning views and are perfect for a quick break or a picnic. Overall, traveling from Bangalore to Ooty by car is a great option for those who want to enjoy the scenic beauty of the Nilgiri hills and take their time to explore the different attractions on the way.
How to Reach Bangalore to Ooty by Road
Bangalore and Ooty are well-connected by road, and there are several ways to reach Ooty by road from Bangalore. Here are some of the ways to reach Ooty by road:
- By Car/Taxi: The most convenient way to reach Ooty from Bangalore is by hiring a car or taxi. You can hire a taxi from Bangalore to Ooty, which takes around 6-7 hours, depending on the route you choose. You can also rent a self-drive car if you are comfortable driving. Bangalore to Ooty distance is 265 kms
- By Bus: There are several buses that operate from Bangalore to Ooty. Both government and private buses are available, and the journey takes around 8-9 hours. You can book bus tickets online or at the bus station.
- By Bike: If you love road trips, you can also consider riding your bike from Bangalore to Ooty. The route offers scenic views of the Western Ghats and is ideal for bikers.
- By Cab/Shared taxi: You can also book a shared taxi or cab from Bangalore to Ooty. This is a cost-effective option if you are traveling alone or with a small group.
How to Reach Bangalore to Ooty by Train
The nearest railway station to Ooty is the Udhagamandalam Railway Station, which is around 2 km from the Ooty town center. However, there are no direct trains from Bangalore to Ooty, and you will have to take a train to Coimbatore or Mettupalayam and then take a taxi or bus to reach Ooty. The journey takes around 5 hours, and tickets can be booked online or at the railway station. Here’s how to reach Ooty from Bangalore by train:
- Take a train from Bangalore to Coimbatore: There are several trains that operate from Bangalore to Coimbatore, including the Shatabdi Express and the Intercity Express. The journey takes around 7-8 hours, depending on the train.
- Take a taxi or bus from Coimbatore to Ooty: From Coimbatore, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Ooty, which is around 86 km away. The journey takes around 3-4 hours, depending on the mode of transport you choose.
How to Reach Bangalore to Ooty by Flight
Bangalore to Ooty Flight : जो लोग फ्लाइट से यात्रा करना पसंद करते हैं ऊटी का निकटतम हवाई अड्डा कोयम्बटूर में कोयम्बटूर अंतर्राष्ट्रीय हवाई अड्डा है। आप केम्पेगौड़ा अंतर्राष्ट्रीय हवाई अड्डे, बैंगलोर से कोयम्बटूर के लिए एक उड़ान बुक कर सकते हैं और हवाई अड्डे से लगभग 88 किमी दूर ऊटी के लिए एक टैक्सी या बस बुक कर सकते हैं। आप बैंगलोर-कोयम्बटूर की उड़ान ले सकते हैं और फिर कोयंबटूर से ऊटी तक बस या कैब से यात्रा कर सकते हैं।
The nearest airport to Ooty is the Coimbatore International Airport, which is around 88 km away from Ooty. There are no direct flights from Bangalore to Coimbatore, but you can take a connecting flight from Bangalore to Coimbatore. Here’s how to reach Ooty from Bangalore by flight:
Take a flight from Bangalore to Coimbatore: Several airlines operate flights from Bangalore to Coimbatore, including IndiGo, Air India, and SpiceJet. The flight takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes. Take a taxi or bus from Coimbatore to Ooty: From Coimbatore, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Ooty, which is around 86 km away. The journey takes around 3-4 hours, depending on the mode of transport you choose.
How to Reach Bangalore to Ooty bus
There are several buses that operate from Bangalore to Ooty on a daily basis, making it a popular mode of transport. Here’s how to reach Ooty from Bangalore by bus:
Take a bus from Bangalore to Mysore: There are several private and government buses that operate from Bangalore to Mysore, and the journey takes around 3-4 hours.
Take a bus from Mysore to Ooty: From Mysore, you can take a KSRTC bus or a private bus to reach Ooty, which is around 126 km away. The journey takes around 4-5 hours, depending on the mode of transport you choose.
Alternatively, you can also take a direct bus from Bangalore to Ooty, which is operated by KSRTC. The journey takes around 8-9 hours, depending on the traffic and the route taken. However, this option is not recommended if you have motion sickness or if you don’t like long journeys. traveling from Bangalore to Ooty by bus is a cost-effective option, and you can choose from a wide range of buses based on your budget and convenience.
Best routes between Bangalore to ooty Distance and time
There are multiple routes to reach Ooty from Bangalore. Here are some of the best routes along with the distance and time taken: The most popular routes between Bangalore to Ooty are:
- Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundlupet-Bandipur-Ooty: This is the most popular and the shortest route to reach Ooty from Bangalore. The route takes you through Mysore, Nanjangud, Gundlupet, and Bandipur before reaching Ooty. The distance covered on this route is around 275 km, and it takes around 6-7 hours to reach Ooty.
- Bangalore-Salem-Coimbatore-Mettupalayam-Ooty: This route is longer but offers a scenic view of the Western Ghats. The route takes you through Salem, Coimbatore, and Mettupalayam before reaching Ooty. The distance covered on this route is around 360 km, and it takes around 8-9 hours to reach Ooty.
- Bangalore-Hosur-Dharmapuri-Sathyamangalam-Mysore-Ooty: This route takes you through Hosur, Dharmapuri, Sathyamangalam, Mysore, and Bandipur before reaching Ooty. The distance covered on this route is around 400 km, and it takes around 9-10 hours to reach Ooty.
Popular Destinations in Ooty :
Ooty is a popular hill station in the southern part of India and offers a wide range of tourist attractions. These are some of the popular destinations in Ooty, and tourists can explore the town to discover many other hidden gems. Some of the popular destinations in Ooty are:
- Ooty Lake: This is a man-made lake that offers boating facilities to tourists. It is surrounded by lush green trees and offers a serene atmosphere.
- Botanical Garden: The Botanical Garden is a famous tourist attraction in Ooty and houses a wide variety of exotic plants and trees.
- Doddabetta Peak: This is the highest peak in the Nilgiri range and offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding valleys.
- Tea Gardens: Ooty is known for its tea plantations, and tourists can visit these gardens to witness the tea-making process and buy fresh tea.
- Pykara Waterfalls: The Pykara Waterfalls is a popular tourist spot in Ooty and is located amidst dense forests.
- Rose Garden: The Rose Garden in Ooty is home to more than 20,000 varieties of roses and is a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
- Avalanche Lake: The Avalanche Lake is a serene and peaceful destination in Ooty and is surrounded by mountains and forests.
- St. Stephen’s Church: This is a beautiful church in Ooty and is known for its colonial architecture.
- Wax World Museum: The Wax World Museum is a unique tourist attraction in Ooty and houses wax sculptures of famous personalities.