Delhi to Agra Distance : Agra is a city in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, situated on the banks of the Yamuna River. It is famous for its rich Mughal-era history and architecture, including the iconic Taj Mahal.
The city was the capital of the Mughal Empire for a brief period in the 16th century and was later ruled by various other dynasties. The Mughal emperors left a lasting architectural legacy in the city, with the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri being some of the most famous examples.
Apart from its historical monuments, Agra is also known for its handicrafts, especially marble inlay work, leather goods, and textiles. The city is also famous for its cuisine, which includes delicious Mughlai dishes like biryani, kebabs, and curries.
Today, Agra is a popular tourist destination and attracts millions of visitors every year from all over the world. In addition to the Taj Mahal and other historical sites, the city offers a vibrant street life, colorful markets, and a unique cultural experience.
Taj Mahal is one of the many wonderful places to visit in Agra. While here, you can visit the historically significant Agra Fort; Experience the impressively beautiful Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah; see one of the largest mosques in India at Fatehpur Sikri; And find respite in Mehtab Bagh, a quiet park in the shadow of the Taj.
These include many buildings, forts and monuments of the Mughal era with its strong historical heritage in the city of Agra and the surrounding suburbs. Agra is part of the Golden Triangle along with the cities of Delhi and Jaipur and has a strong enthusiasm for the old alongside modernity.
There are several reasons why one might want to travel from Delhi to Agra:
- Agra is home to the iconic Taj Mahal, which is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is a must-see attraction for anyone visiting India, and many people travel from Delhi to Agra just to see this magnificent monument.
- Agra is home to several other historical monuments and buildings, including the Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, and several other mausoleums and tombs, which showcase the Mughal architecture and design.
- Agra offers a unique cultural experience, with its vibrant street life, colorful markets, and delicious Mughlai cuisine. Visitors can also explore the local handicrafts, including marble inlay work, leather goods, and textiles.
- Agra is located just a few hours’ drive from Delhi, making it an ideal weekend getaway destination for people living in the capital city.
- Agra has a rich historical significance as it was the capital of the Mughal Empire for many years. The city has played an important role in shaping the history and culture of India, and visitors can explore this fascinating past by visiting the various historical sites in and around the city.
How to Reach Delhi to Agra distance: Quick Facts
The distance between Delhi and Agra is approximately 230 kilometers (143 miles). There are several ways to travel from Delhi to Agra, including:
- By Train: This is one of the most popular and convenient ways to travel from Delhi to Agra. There are several trains that run daily between the two cities, including the Gatimaan Express, which is the fastest train. The journey takes around 2 hours to 2.5 hours, depending on the train.
- By Bus: There are also several buses that run from Delhi to Agra, including both state-run and private buses. The journey takes around 4 to 5 hours, depending on the traffic and the type of bus.
- By Car: One can also hire a taxi or self-drive car to travel from Delhi to Agra. The journey takes around 3 to 4 hours, depending on the traffic and the route taken.
- By Air: There is also a small airport in Agra, but it is mainly used for chartered flights. The nearest major airport is in Delhi, and from there, one can take a taxi or train to Agra.
Quick facts about Delhi to Agra
|Road Distance from Delhi to Agra
|Aerial Distance from Delhi to Agra
|Travel Time for Delhi to Agra by Road
|Travel Time for Delhi to Agra by Train
|2 hours and 15 minutes
|Travel Time for Delhi to Agra by Flight
|Delhi to Agra Via Yamuna Expressway
|Delhi to Agra Via NH 19 and NH 44
|Best Time to visit
|November – March
Related Post Must Read :
Traveling from Delhi to Agra by Road
If you are planning to travel from Delhi to Agra by road, here is some information that might be helpful:
- Private Car/Taxi: You can hire a private car or taxi to travel from Delhi to Agra. There are several car rental companies that operate in Delhi, and you can book your car online or through their offices. The journey takes around 3 to 4 hours, depending on the traffic and the route taken.
- Self-Drive Car: You can also opt for a self-drive car rental to travel from Delhi to Agra. There are several car rental companies that offer self-drive cars, and you can book your car online or through their offices. Be sure to carry all necessary documents, including your driving license, insurance, and registration certificate.
- Bus: There are several state-run and private buses that operate between Delhi and Agra. You can book your tickets online through various travel websites or at the bus station. The journey takes around 4 to 5 hours, depending on the traffic and the type of bus.
How to Reach Delhi to Agra by Road a Car
Traveling from Delhi to Agra by car is the best way to get to know the roads that connect the bustling metro to the ancient city. When you book Delhi to Agra travel itinerary with us, you can enjoy the ride before entering the city of palaces. You will pass through some popular and unusual places on your journey from Delhi to Agra.
We help you find two itineraries from Delhi to Agra and back. We will also tell you about the places that you can visit on the way.
How to Reach Delhi to Agra by Bus
If you are planning to travel from Delhi to Agra by bus, You will find ample bus service from Delhi to Agra. More than 100 buses ply daily. Buses are available at prices ranging from Rs 250 to Rs 2,000. AC buses for transport buses without air conditioning, like Volvo. You can book buses from UPSRTC. Interstate buses from Delhi to Agra ply from ISBT Anand Vihar. There are also many private operators who operate these buses.
There are several state-run and private buses that operate between Delhi and Agra. You can check the schedules and routes of the buses online or at the bus station. The distance between Delhi and Agra is around 230 kilometers, and the journey takes around 4 to 5 hours, depending on the type of bus and the traffic.
You can book your bus tickets online through various travel websites or at the bus station. It is recommended to book your tickets in advance, especially during the peak tourist season, to avoid any last-minute hassle.
The bus station in Delhi for Agra-bound buses is located at the Sarai Kale Khan bus terminal. You can reach there by taxi, metro, or local transport.
How to Reach Delhi to Agra by Flight
If you are planning to travel from Delhi to Agra by flight, This flight will take you from Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi to Pandit Deendayala Upadhyay Airport in Agra. You can cover these 242 km by plane in just 1 hour 5 minutes. And its price will be between 2500 to 3000. And if you book it for today’s date then your rate can be higher.
There are many flight options from Delhi to Agra. The nearest airport is Keria Airport (AGR). But you can also take a flight to Lucknow and continue to Agra. For a smooth and hassle-free journey, book a Delhi Airport to Agra taxi here. And if you want to book a transfer from Lucknow airport then you can book Lucknow airport taxi here.
The Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi is located around 20 kilometers from the city center. You can reach there by taxi, metro, or local transport.
Once you reach Delhi airport, you can take a taxi or local transport to reach Agra. The distance between Delhi to Agra is around 230 kilometers, and it takes around 3 to 4 hours to reach Agra by road.
By following these steps, you can easily travel from Delhi to Agra by flight.
How to Reach Delhi to Agra by Train
If you are planning to travel from Delhi to Agra by train, Lots of people have the problem of vomiting while they traveling in the bus. So it is better for such people to travel by train. And when you will travel by train from Delhi to Agra then the train journey will be very cheap and convenient for all of you.
There are many option available to travel by train from Agra. Or, many trains also go towards Agra Cantt from Delhi’s Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station. If you travel from Delhi to Agra by train, it will take you at least 2:30 hours. There are several trains that operate between Delhi and Agra. You can search for trains on the Indian Railways website or on travel websites.
The New Delhi Railway Station is the main railway station in Delhi from where most trains to Agra depart. You can reach there by taxi, metro, or local transport.
If you are coming from Nizamuddin railway station then your maximum ticket price 115 to 120. But if you are coming from New Delhi Railway Station then your train fare will be from 95 to 110 rupees in the morning. The journey from Delhi to Agra takes around 2 to 3 hours, depending on the type of train and the route. Enjoy the scenic beauty and the comfort of the train. The train will drop you off at the Agra Cantonment railway station. From there, you can take a taxi or local transport to reach your destination.
Best time to take a road trip from Delhi to Agra
The best time to take a road trip from Delhi to Agra is during the winter months, from October to March. During this time, the weather is pleasant, with clear skies and cooler temperatures, making it comfortable to travel by road. The average temperature during these months ranges between 10°C to 25°C (50°F to 77°F).
During the summer months, from April to June, the temperature in the region can soar up to 45°C (113°F), making it uncomfortable to travel by road. The monsoon season, from July to September, can also bring heavy rains, which can lead to waterlogging and traffic congestion on the roads.
the winter months are considered the best time to take a road trip from Delhi to Agra. However, it is important to note that this is also the peak tourist season, and Agra can get very crowded during this time. It is recommended to book your accommodations and tickets in advance to avoid any last-minute hassle.
Best routes between Delhi to Agra Distance and time
Delhi to Agra Distance FAQ :
Q : How to Go to Agra from Delhi ?
A : The cheapest way to travel from delhi to agra by train, its take 2 hour 25 minutes to cover the distance. and fastest way to reach from delhi to agra by bus.
Q : Which mughal emperor shifted capital from agra to delhi?
A : in 1638. Mughal empire was changed capital from Agra to Delhi by Shah Jahan.
Q : What is the Distance Between Delhi to Agra?
A : The distance between delhi to agra by road is 231 km. and the Flight distance between delhi to agra is 183 km.
Q : What is the mode of travel from Agra to Delhi ?
A : There are many way available from delhi to agra distance. you can travel from bus, car, train, cab, taxi, flight ,
Q : What is the fastest train between delhi to Agra?
A : There are lots of train running between delhi to Agra. Taj Express is the fastest train between delhi to Agra.
Q : Which is the nearest Railway station to Agra?
A : Agra City is the nearest railway station
Q : Which is best Tourism Place to visit in Agra?
A : In agra , there are so many tourism places here is the list below..
- Taj Mahal
- Agra Fort
- Jama Masjid
- Fatehpur Sikri
- Itmad-Ud-Daulah’s Tomb
- Akbar’s Tomb
- Moti Masjid
- Sikandra Fort
- Jodha Bai ka Rauza
- Mehtab Bagh and many more