Kedarnath is a town located in the Rudraprayag district of the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is famous for the Kedarnath Temple, which is one of the four sacred shrines in Hinduism known as the Chota Char Dham. The town is located at an elevation of 3,583 meters (11,755 feet) above sea level in the Garhwal Himalayas.
Kedarnath Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is believed to have been built by the Pandavas in ancient times. The temple is situated near the Mandakini River, and it is believed that the Pandavas came to this place to seek forgiveness from Lord Shiva for their sins committed during the Mahabharata war.
The town of Kedarnath is only accessible by foot or pony, and visitors have to trek a distance of 18 kilometers from the nearest motorable road at Sonprayag. The trek is moderately difficult and takes around 7-8 hours to complete. However, the scenic beauty of the Himalayas, lush green forests, and waterfalls on the way make the journey worthwhile.
Why travel from Rishikesh to Kedarnath?
How to Reach Rishikesh to Kedarnath distance: Quick Facts
Rishikesh to Kedarnath Distance by road is 209 km . Rishikesh to Kedarnath और इसके विपरीत पहुंचने के लिए निजी और सार्वजनिक परिवहन के कई साधन उपलब्ध हैं। यह दूरी कम होने के कारण, Kedarnath to Rishikesh की यात्रा का सबसे पसंदीदा तरीका सड़क मार्ग है – या तो Car से या Bus से।
The distance between Rishikesh to Kedarnath is approximately 210 kilometers (130 miles). Here’s how you can reach Kedarnath from Rishikesh:
- Rishikesh to Kedarnath By road:
- You can take a taxi or bus from Rishikesh to reach Sonprayag, the base point for Kedarnath trek.
- The distance from Rishikesh to Sonprayag is around 180 km, and it takes around 7-8 hours to reach Sonprayag from Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh to Kedarnath By foot:
- From Sonprayag, you have to trek a distance of 18 km to reach Kedarnath.
- The trek is moderately difficult and takes around 7-8 hours to complete.
- Alternatively, you can also hire a pony or a palanquin to reach Kedarnath.
- 3 Rishikesh to Kedarnath By Bus: Visitors can take a direct bus from Rishikesh to Gaurikund, which takes around 10 to 11 hours. Several government and private buses operate on this route, and visitors can choose from regular, deluxe, and semi-deluxe buses. The buses generally start from the Rishikesh Bus Stand and stop at various points along the way for food and rest.
Quick Facts about Rishikesh to Kedarnath Distance
|Road Distance from Rishikesh to Kedarnath
|Aerial Distance from Rishikesh to Kedarnath
|Travel Time for Rishikesh to Kedarnath
|Travel Time for Rishikesh to Kedarnath by Train
|1 hours and 38 minutes
|Rishikesh to Kedarnath Via NH-7
|Best time to visit
|March and June
Related Post Must Read :
Travelling from Rishikesh to Kedarnath by car
The distance between Rishikesh to Kedarnath is approximately 210 kilometers (130 miles), and the journey by car takes around 7-8 hours, depending on traffic conditions and weather. The route involves traveling through the towns of Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag, and Gaurikund, which is the base point for Kedarnath trek.
Please note that the road from Gaurikund to Kedarnath is not accessible by car, and visitors have to undertake a trek of around 18 kilometers from Sonprayag to reach Kedarnath. However, there are parking facilities available at Gaurikund, where visitors can park their cars and then proceed to Kedarnath on foot or by pony.
the best time to travel from Rishikesh to Kedarnath by car is from April to November. During this period, the road conditions are generally good, and the weather is pleasant, making the journey comfortable and enjoyable.
Best Time to Visit :
The best time to visit Kedarnath is from April to November, which is the summer and early winter season in the region. During this time, the weather is generally pleasant, and the trek from Sonprayag to Kedarnath is open for visitors.
The months of April to June are particularly pleasant, with temperatures ranging between 15°C to 25°C, and the surrounding mountains and forests are lush green and vibrant. This is also the time when the snow on the trekking route has melted, making it easier to trek.
July and August are the monsoon months, and the region receives heavy rainfall during this period. The trek to Kedarnath can be challenging during this time due to slippery and muddy terrain, and there may be occasional landslides and roadblocks. However, the monsoon season also brings a unique beauty to the region, with the waterfalls and streams in full flow, and the surrounding hills and forests turning a lush green.
September to November is the post-monsoon season, and the weather is generally pleasant, with clear skies and comfortable temperatures. This is also the time when the surrounding hills and forests turn a beautiful shade of orange and red, making it an ideal time for nature photography.
The winter season from December to March is not recommended for travel to Kedarnath, as the region experiences heavy snowfall, and the trekking route from Sonprayag to Kedarnath remains closed during this period. The temperatures can drop to below freezing, and the roads leading to the region may be blocked due to snow and ice. Therefore, it is best to avoid travel during this time.
Popular Routes from Rishikesh to Kedarnath
The popular route from Rishikesh to Kedarnath involves traveling by road up to Gaurikund and then trekking the remaining 18 kilometers to Kedarnath. Here are some of the popular routes that travelers can take:
- Rishikesh – Devprayag – Srinagar – Rudraprayag – Gaurikund – Kedarnath: This is the most popular route for traveling from Rishikesh to Kedarnath. The road is well-maintained, and there are several options for transport, including buses, taxis, and private cars. From Gaurikund, visitors can trek to Kedarnath or hire a pony or palanquin.
- Rishikesh – Haridwar – Kotdwar – Pauri – Khirsu – Ukhimath – Guptkashi – Gaurikund – Kedarnath: This is a slightly longer route that takes visitors through the scenic hills of Garhwal. The road from Ukhimath to Guptkashi is narrow and winding, but the scenery is stunning. From Gaurikund, visitors can trek to Kedarnath or hire a pony or palanquin.
- Rishikesh – Devprayag – Chamba – New Tehri – Srinagar – Rudraprayag – Gaurikund – Kedarnath: This route takes visitors through the beautiful hills and valleys of Tehri Garhwal. The road is well-maintained, and there are several options for transport. From Gaurikund, visitors can trek to Kedarnath or hire a pony or palanquin.
- Rishikesh – Devprayag – Tehri – Dharasu – Uttarkashi – Gangotri – Yamunotri – Gaurikund – Kedarnath: This is a longer route that covers the four famous Hindu pilgrimage sites of Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. This route involves a lot of driving, and visitors need to be prepared for long journeys. From Gaurikund, visitors can trek to Kedarnath or hire a pony or palanquin.
How to Reach Rishikesh to Kedarnath by Road
To reach Kedarnath from Rishikesh by road, visitors need to travel a distance of approximately 225 kilometers via National Highway 7 and State Highway 18. Here is the approximate time it takes to reach Kedarnath from Rishikesh by road:
- By Car/Taxi: It takes around 9 to 10 hours to reach Kedarnath from Rishikesh by car/taxi. Visitors can hire a car or taxi from Rishikesh and drive up to Gaurikund, which is the starting point of the trek to Kedarnath. The road from Rishikesh to Gaurikund is well-maintained, and visitors can enjoy scenic views of the hills and valleys along the way.
- By Bus: Visitors can take a direct bus from Rishikesh to Gaurikund, which takes around 10 to 11 hours. Several government and private buses operate on this route, and visitors can choose from regular, deluxe, and semi-deluxe buses. The buses generally start from the Rishikesh Bus Stand and stop at various points along the way for food and rest.
rishikesh to kedarnath bus : एक पवित्र धार्मिक स्थल से दूसरे तक, Rishikesh to Kedarnath तक का मार्ग उत्तराखंड के अन्य प्रसिद्ध तीर्थ स्थलों और हिमालयी गांवों से होकर गुजरता है। हमारे पूरी तरह से अनुकूलन योग्य Rishikesh to Kedarnath यात्रा योजनाओं के साथ, आप ठंडे हिमनद क्षेत्र में प्रवेश करने से पहले हिमालय की तलहटी के साथ देवदार के जंगलों, घाटियों और घुमावदार पहाड़ी सड़कों के माध्यम से एक सुंदर सवारी का आनंद ले सकते हैं।
अपने रास्ते में, आप देवप्रयाग, रुद्रप्रयाग, सोनप्रयाग और गौरीकुंड जैसे लोकप्रिय स्थानों से गुजरेंगे। Kedarnath to Rishikesh के लिए हमारी Cab सेवा के साथ, आप इनमें से किसी भी स्थान पर रुक सकते हैं या इन शहरों में किसी भी पवित्र मंदिर की यात्रा कर सकते हैं, प्राकृतिक सुंदरता को कैप्चर कर सकते हैं, या स्थानीय संस्कृति की झलक देख सकते हैं।
How to Reach Rishikesh to Kedarnath by Flight
Rishikesh to Kedarnath Flight : ऋषिकेश से निकटतम हवाई संपर्क जॉली ग्रांट हवाई अड्डा है जो देहरादून में 25 किमी की दूरी पर स्थित है, दिल्ली, बैंगलोर और मुंबई आदि से लगातार उड़ानें जॉली ग्रांट हवाई अड्डे पर आती हैं। देहरादून से आप टैक्सी बुक कर सकते हैं या बस में सवार हो सकते हैं या ऋषिकेश तक ट्रेन से भी यात्रा कर सकते हैं। ऋषिकेश पहुंचने का सबसे अच्छा तरीका जॉली ग्रांट हवाई अड्डे से ऋषिकेश तक टैक्सी बुक करना है। ऋषिकेश से आगे टैक्सी या बस से यात्रा करें और केदारनाथ की अपनी यात्रा पर जाएँ।
There is no direct flight connectivity between Rishikesh and Kedarnath as there is no airport in Kedarnath. However, visitors can reach Kedarnath by taking a flight to the nearest airport, Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, and then travel by road to Gaurikund, the starting point of the Kedarnath trek. Here is how visitors can reach Kedarnath from Rishikesh by flight:
Fly from Rishikesh to Dehradun: Visitors can take a direct flight from Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, which is around 20 kilometers from Rishikesh. Several airlines operate flights to Dehradun from major cities in India like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bangalore.
Travel by Road to Gaurikund: Once visitors reach Dehradun, they can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Gaurikund. The distance between Dehradun and Gaurikund is around 225 kilometers, and it takes around 9 to 10 hours to travel by road.
How to Reach Rishikesh to Kedarnath by Train
अगर आप Rishikesh to Kedarnath की हवाई यात्रा करना चाहते हैं तो आपको सबसे पहले देहरादून जाना होगा और देहरादून से ही हवाई यात्रा करनी होगी, जिसमें केवल हेलीकाप्टर सेवा उपलब्ध है।
Rishikesh to Kedarnath Train : ऋषिकेश रेलवे स्टेशन केदारनाथ से 227 किमी की दूरी पर है। आप एक प्रीपेड टैक्सी किराए पर ले सकते हैं जो लगभग 5000 रुपये चार्ज करेगी। केदारनाथ पहुंचने के लिए आपको सड़क मार्ग से 205 किमी और पैदल 14 किमी की यात्रा करनी होगी। आप हरिद्वार (250 किमी) तक भी यात्रा कर सकते हैं और आगे गौरीकुंड तक टैक्सी से यात्रा कर सकते हैं और फिर केदारनाथ के लिए 19 किमी की और यात्रा कर सकते हैं।
Rishikesh to Kedarnath Helicopter : हेलीकॉप्टर के जरिए ऋषिकेश से केदारनाथ पहुंचने के लिए आप बस, टैक्सी या ट्रेन के जरिए देहरादून तक का सफर कर सकते हैं। देहरादून से आप सहस्त्रधारा हेलीपैड तक पहुँच सकते हैं जो नागल रोड, कुलहन, देहरादून में स्थित है। हेलीकाप्टर आपको 40 मिनट के भीतर पहुंचने में मदद करता है। हेलीकाप्टर के माध्यम से Rishikesh to Kedarnath की यात्रा करने का दूसरा तरीका फाटा तक एक टैक्सी बुक करना है जो ऋषिकेश से 193 किमी की दूरी पर है। फाटा के पास अन्य स्थान जहां हेलीकाप्टर सेवा उपलब्ध है, गुप्तकाशी और से हैं
Visitors can also choose to take a helicopter from Haridwar to Kedarnath, which takes around 45 minutes. The helicopter services are operated by the state government and private companies, and visitors need to book in advance. However, the availability of helicopter services is subject to weather conditions, and visitors need to check beforehand.
People ALSO ASK :
Q : How much time does it take from Delhi to Kedarnath?
A: The time it takes to reach Kedarnath from Delhi depends on the mode of transportation chosen by the visitor. Here are the estimated travel times:
- By Road: Visitors can travel from Delhi to Kedarnath by road via NH 7 and the distance is around 450 kilometers. It takes around 14 to 15 hours to reach Kedarnath from Delhi by road, including a short stop at Devprayag for breakfast or lunch.
- By Helicopter: Visitors can take a helicopter from Phata to Kedarnath, which takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The helicopter service is available from Phata, which is around 225 kilometers from Delhi, and the flight duration is subject to weather conditions.
- By Train: Visitors can take a train from Delhi to Haridwar, which is the nearest railway station to Rishikesh, and then travel to Kedarnath by road or helicopter.
- By Air: Visitors can also take a flight from Delhi to Jolly Grant Airport, which is the nearest airport to Rishikesh, and then travel to Kedarnath by road or helicopter.
Q : What is the cheapest way to get from Rishikesh to Kedarnath?
A: The cheapest way to reach Kedarnath from Rishikesh is by taking a government-run or private bus from Rishikesh to Gaurikund and then trekking to Kedarnath. Gaurikund is the starting point of the trek to Kedarnath, and buses are available from Rishikesh to Gaurikund. The distance between Rishikesh and Gaurikund is around 215 kilometers, and it takes around 9 to 10 hours to reach Gaurikund by bus.